Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural” or “organic” search results. SEO is broadly classified into 2 main categories:
- On-Page SEO.
- Off-Page SEO.
The process of synthesizing, modification on a web page is called On-Page SEO. It is what can be done on the pages of a website to maximize its performance in the search engines for target keywords related to the on-page content. Following are the methods to perform On-Page SEO on a website:
- Keyword Research: The mantra ‘keyword is king’ is frequently used in many campaigns. Using the right keywords for which you want to rank your website is the most difficult task. Hence, this keyword research plays a vital role in SEO.
- URL: The URL of the webpage can be one of the most important factors of on-page optimization. Changing URLs retrospectively can be problematic so it’s important to get this right from the start & use some of your keywords in the URL.
- Meta Tags: Meta tags are used to instruct search engines on how a particular webpage should be indexed. Optimizing your title tag and the description meta tag can be useful in providing additional information to the search engines but using the keyword meta tag can do more harm than good. Hence, it is necessary to include title & meta tags on your webpage.
There are other elements which add up to On-Page SEO. They are as follows:
- HTML Header Tags.
Hence, it is very important that On Page Optimization is done correctly for a website as this educated search engine crawlers and spiders about the theme of the website and which keywords you are targeting to rank on.
Off-page seo is what can be done off the pages of a website to maximize its performance in the search engines for target keywords related to the on-page content and keywords in off-page direct-links. It includes the techniques Forum posting, Directory submission, Article and Blog submission, Social media, etc. Following are some techniques that are included in Off-Page SEO:
- Directory Submission.
- Social Media.
- Article Submission.
- Press Release Distribution.
- Forum Posting.
- Link Building.
- Search Engine Submission.